In this episode…
Welcome to episode 5 of the Music Mindset Podcast!
Today I am talking about a topic that I am MOST passionate about. You might think it must be a certain composer, a style of music, or performing…those things are all passions of mine, but none of them would be possible if I didn’t actively study and learn about this topic – PRACTICE.
Join me in this episode, as we discuss:
- Why all practicing is NOT created equal.
- Understand why practicing in certain ways can actually make you WORSE
- What is the core mechanism that we have to harness for practice to become effective
- Understand why most people never actually experience a representation of their true potential
- Learn how you can apply this understanding to build ANY skill or character trait
- The Principles taught in the Piano Foundation Formula Program
As discussed, here is an image of a Myelin Sheath, insulating a neural pathway:
I will dive deeper into unpacking this topic in the next episode, but if there is ONE thing that I want you to fully understand about what happens when you practice, this is it!
Please Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not and you enjoyed the episode, I would love for you to do that today. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. The reviews help other people find my podcast and I always appreciate reading them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!