In this episode…
In our first two episodes, we dug deep into mindset and exploring how and why we learn. Today we are discussing some more practical matters as I share 5 Mistakes that I see very SMART people make when they begin music lessons. In this episode we discuss:
- Do you really need an instrument when you begin?
- The ONE painfully simple step that 99% of people skip – this one action can save you from a long list of challenges down the road.
- How to figure out your ‘WHY’ to pursuing music lessons – hints and help can be found in Episode 1 of The Music Mindset Podcast
- What to think about when setting a goal, timeline or expectation around your learning
- The importance of working with a framework in mind, and having the feedback of a (human) professional
I’ve created a checklist you can download below that you can use to be sure you’ve built in a ‘FIX’ to each of these common mistakes.
This checklist is a MUST if you are getting started in lessons, but if you’ve already begun you can still use this to see what blind spots you may have in your foundation. Teachers, you can use this checklist with your students OR as a framework for the discussions you have during your first lessons.
Until next time, thanks for listening and talk to you soon!
Please Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not and you enjoyed the episode, I would love for you to do that today. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. The reviews help other people find my podcast and I always appreciate reading them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!